In December 2016 we brought about a change to the way we Auction our horses by including Online Live Bidding. We have now inorporated the online bidding platform into our Auctions with great success.
This coming July Auction we will be using the Online bidding system again for both the Live Auction held on the 29th July and the Online Silent Stallion Service Auction held in the week preceeding.
How the Online Live Bidding Works
The Online Live bidding will be accessed through the home page of the Auction of the Stars website (www.auctionofthestars.com.au). Once entered you can register by filling in your details and creating a log in.
By registering for our Online Live Auction you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the Auction of the Stars.
Once you have registered and logged in you can browse the Lots through the Catalogue tab.
If you have any questions about any of the Lots get in contact with us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are confused about the Online Bidding here are some step by step instructions that will hopefully make it easier .
1. Register as a User of the Website
2. Activate your account
You should receive and email from us that has an activation link, however if you don't please email email@example.com and we can activate it from this end.
3. Login to your account
4. Once logged in you can view the entire catalogue here
5. When the Live Auction starts at approximately 1pm on Sunday the first lot will appear on the Live Auction tab and bidding can commence.
6. Place bids by clicking 'Quick Bid' or entering a bid value in the 'Open Bid' box.
7. Once the bidding has ended the winner of the lot will be announced in the 'Bidding Area' and then the next Lot up will be loaded when it comes into the arena.
8. If you win the bidding you should get a conformation email from us immediately after the bidding closes on that item and then will we be in contact to arrange payment and delivery in the next 24 hours.
9. If you have any questions or issues please call or text Cathryn on 0447008470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that the system is still in development so if you do find you have an issue with an incorrect bid etc. please get in contact with us before 5pm on the day of the Auction on 0417656636.
There will be Live Streaming of the Auction at www.australianequinenetwork.com.au, however there is often delays in Live Streaming and the horse you are viewing may not be the horse currently being Auctioned.
Live Streaming will be available on both the Saturday and the Sunday. The Saturday Live Stream will be available for replay once completed.
If you buy a horse Online
This part of the Auction works the same as a normal Auction.
We will be in touch using your registered contact details to request an initial deposit of 10% of the purchase price inclusive of GST on the horse/s you have bought.
Then we will be invoicing you for the balance which must be paid by no later than 4:00pm (AEST) Tuesday following the Auction.
If you buy a horse/s online you are held to the Conditions of Sale of the Auction.
Once the Auctioneers hammer falls the risk is passed on from the Seller to the buyer, mortality insurance can be arranged through IRT and if IRT mortality insurance is ticked in the registration process we will pass your details onto IRT who will be in contact to arrange details and payment
(for an approximate cost of insurance click here).
The horse can then be collected from the Auction stables no later than 4:00pm on the Wednesday following the Auction, unless the full purchase price has not been paid.
If the buyer defaults any money paid is forfeited and the Lot is returned to the Seller (Outlined in the Conditions of Sale). If the horse has not been collected by 4:00pm on the Wednesday following the Auction the purchaser agrees to pay agistment fees for the subsequent days that the horse is on the property unless otherwise arranged.